Tuesday, July 20, 2010

let us begin...

let us begin with an introduction.

my name is jeremy, and i am pleased to make your acquaintance.

in this name i try to find some sense of identity. what an exercise in futility! today jeremy is very different than he was yesterday, and tomorrow he shall find himself, again... different.

"my being has many facets"
~ignatius j. riley

my identity is fluid. nothing in my life is static. i am always changing, as is the world around me. 

it is only with great effort and a commitment to practice positive spiritual principles that this perpetual changing is anything other than a downhill spiral resembling the antithesis of evolution. 

for me (as is the case with most of us), life has been an uphill battle. unfortunately i spent somewhere right around twenty years of my life content with sitting at the bottom of this hill, scraping the bottom of the barrel. i had this idea that conquering the great hill before me was not to be my lot in life. i felt that i was destined to make my place at the bottom and settle for what ever rolled on down my way. if i could manage to not get killed by some of the things that rolled my way, then, by damn, i was doing quite well! 

at the bottom of the hill i found a great many precious treasures that i allowed to contribute to my identity...

addict ~ thief ~ trespasser ~ junkie ~ invalid
alcoholic ~ bum ~ freeloader ~ dumpster-diver
vandal ~ dope-man ~ convict ~ liar ~ cheater

and the list goes on.

but there is something that i did gain from those years: mistakes, experiences, lessons

while i wish most of the things i have lived and experienced on no-one else, i regret none of them. the lessons that i have learned have shaped me into who i am today. jeremy, of today. and i'm okay with that.

my purpose in writing this blog, is to share with you some of the experience, strength, and hope that i found at the bottom of the hill. if it's worth something to you, fantastic. if you determine that you don't like what you get here, by all means, toss it over your shoulder. it will undoubtedly find it's way to some desperate scumbag down there who can use it.

blessings!

---j


all that i truly know, is that i know very little
~ jeremy webb ~

2 comments:

  1. Say the truth, then life goes on, it maybe a up hill climb but we make each and everyday better and then the person that we have always really been comes through and life is good!!! Life is a lesson, and we learn everyday!!! I made mistakes, but than decided to make things easier on myself, and it worked..........my life is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow first off i love you and your a very brave person to pput yourself out there like that and im proud of you just never forget that weve all been at the same hill love ya heather

    ReplyDelete